Top performance meets comfort. Introducing the all new Drone; available in two different volumes, allowing for a precise fit for any climber.
High performance climbing shoes don't have to hurt. With the Drone being available in both High Volume and Low Volume models you can really fine tune the length and volume you want out of your high performance climbing shoes. Constructed around a completely ground-up last design using high performance stretchy materials, you'll be hard pressed to find such a high performer that feels this good. You'll also appreciate the new Expandable Edge Heel design that will be sure to fit most heel shapes and sizes.
- A full midsole that connects to the 3D molded heel transfers power all the way from the tip of the toe to the back of the heel.
- Super sticky climbing grade rubber is used for maximum toe hooking power.
- 3D molded expandable heel design allows for a better fit with a wider range of heel shapes.
- Breathable and stretchy tongue to give you that snug but comfortable fit.
- Thin and stretchy R2 rand rubber is used to get rid of the dead space most climbing shoes have in the arch area.
When you click a link below and then checkout online, no matter what you buy (climbing gear or not), we get a small commission that helps us keep this site up-to-date. Thanks!
|Weight|| 476 g|
Size 9 (US) single : 238 g / 8.4 oz
US Men 3-13|
Your "fit" should be determined by the type of climbing that you intend doing, combined with your experience level. Remember that leather upper shoes are likely to stretch over time (mostly in lateral width), while lined and synthetic upper shoes are not likely to stretch much at all.
|Best Use (Highest Performance)||
Trad / Crack|
Sport / Face
|Last Details|| Shape: Downturned (performance)|
|Upper Material||Syn Flex|
|Midsole Material||1.8 mm Concave|
|Sole Material|| 4.2 mm Science Friction 3.0, Concave|
Rand: 2.4mm R2
|Footbed Lining|| |
Science Friction 3.0
Science Friction R2
“If you’re projecting steep climbing that requires you to pull hard with the toes or technical heels, this is your shoe,” said our HV tester, who used them in the gym and on local sandstone. Our LV tester echoed this, saying, “Love the precision for overhanging foot placement and heel hooking. I really trusted the sturdy heel.” She also got lots of compliments on the shoe's colors and looks.