Anatomically engineered parts and design provide the Kronos with a comfortable fit without sacrificing performance. It uses a single hook and loop strap plus adjustable finish-pull strap closure for convenience and a customizable fit for the modern climber, making it one of the best technical all around shoes on the market.
- ADJUSTABLE STRAP LENGTH CLOSURE - For a variety of fits.
- FULL-LENGTH MIDSOLE & OUTSOLE - For maximum support and comfort.
- SPLIT TONGUE - Gives maximum comfort and easy on and off.
- MOLDED VTR - Our Variable Thickness Rand (VTR) system puts thinner rand rubber in areas to reduce pressure points and hot spots around the foot as well as thicker rubber for increased longevity in the high wear zones near the toe for durability and performance.
- TRAX® SAS - Best friction plus maximum durability.
When you click a link below and then checkout online, no matter what you buy (climbing gear or not), we get a small commission that helps us keep this site up-to-date. Thanks!
| 528 g
Single : 264 g / 9.3 oz (Size 9 US men)
|Zig Zag strap 2 Velcro closures
US sizes : 4-13.5 Men, including half sizes
|Best Use (Highest Performance)
Trad / Crack
|SPLIT TONGUE - Gives maximum comfort and easy on and off
| Shape: Flat (comfort)
Construction: not provided by the brand
not provided by the brand
|not provided by the brand Synthetic (Synthratek VX upper)
|1.2 mm Full-length midsole
| 4.2 mm
Rand: VTR rand (thicker at toe)
Evolv’s Kronos (2019) are great all-around shoes that perform well across a wide range of rock and in the gym. I love the high level of comfort the Kronos has to offer as well as the ease of use when putting them on and taking off. My only wish would be for the slight downturn to hold its shape better, as it flattens out when the shoes are broken in. Overall, Evolv crushed it with the 2019 Kronos! I have already recommended the Kronos to others who have bought and are happy with them as well
The Kronos is a nice all arounder, for use in the gym or outdoor climbing. It’s a simple, clean design. Asymmetrical, it has a pointed toe, just slightly down cambered, and a variable-thickness rand, meaning it is thinner at pressure points and thicker around the toe areas, which get a lot of traffic. It edges well, and I found the bendy midsole and TRAX high-friction rubber feel to be solid on slick, slabby blobs. Good solid heel cup.