How to use Ange Finess (good and bad), warnings, inspection with instructional pictures.
Ange Finesse S 17cm
Designed for alpine climbing and situations where every gram counts, the ANGE FINESSE quickdraw is ultra-light, compact and durable. Featuring Petzl's MonoFil Keylock technology and an H-shaped cross-section, ANGE carabiners are very lightweight and offer an optimal strength/weight ratio. Strong and ergonomic, the FINESSE sling provides a good grip. The STRING quickdraw sling protector maintains the proper orientation of the carabiner making it easier to clip. Available in two lengths and two carabiner sizes.
- Ultra-lightweight and durable quickdraw:
- ultra-light ANGE carabiners with MonoFil gate
- lightweight and compact FINESSE quickdraw sling. The ergonomic shape makes it easier to grab
- size and strength/weight ratio of the carabiner are optimized, thanks to its specific profile and the H-shaped cross-section
- the MonoFil Keylock gate ensures smoother opening and closing of the carabiner and a much longer lifetime compared to traditional wire gate carabiners
Efficient to use:
- the deflector works with the shape of the carabiner to promote proper positioning of the carabiner on the major axis, and helps with clipping
- the tabs on the bottom of the carabiner help keep the STRING in place to better align the quickdraw sling along its major axis
- the STRING quickdraw sling protector helps maintain the proper orientation of the carabiner and protect the carabiner attachment loop from wear
- Material(s): aluminum carabiners, HDPE slings with nylon stitching, rubber STRING
When you click a link below and then checkout online, no matter what you buy (climbing gear or not), we get a small commission that helps us keep this site up-to-date. Thanks!
The Petzl Ange Finesse are the most versatile quickdraw in our review, earning them our Top Pick for best Quiver of One. Check them out if you like sport climbing and multi-pitch or alpine climbing, and don't want to spend the money on multiple racks of draws. They are also the easiest wiregate carabiners to unclip from a bolt due to their unique gate and nose design.