The G-Summit is the new benchmark for high altitude technical mountaineering, developed to satisfy two needs: to be an extremely warm single boot for high altitude mountaineering and be a lightweight and precise double boot for extended expeditions in highly challenging climates. With its unique removable liner and thermal insole, the G-Summit is a customizable product based on the requirements of the user and the terrain/conditions of intended use.
• Inner shell made with the patented Core-Wrap™ technology maximizes warmth while remaining ultralight.
• The BOA® Fit System makes it quick to adjust the lacing fastener - designed to be opened and closed while wearing gloves in cold conditions.
• Optional liner addition can turn the G-Summit into a double boot for increased warmth.
• Vibram® Dura Step compound offers the best grip for mountaineering excelling in low temps and wet terrain.
• the Ice-Tech™ tread is divided into two sections enhancing performance during ascents and hiking.
• Resoleable, to reduce environmental impacts
When you click a link below and then checkout online, no matter what you buy (climbing gear or not), we get a small commission that helps us keep this site up-to-date. Thanks!
|Boot Weight|| |
|Single or Double boot||Double|
|Best Uses||Best Uses: Technical Ice and Mixed Climbing |
|Crampon Compatability||Toe + heel bail - all crampons styles will work (universal, semi-auto, and auto)|
Euro: 37 - 48 (half sizes)
Tips: La Sportiva recommends that you add one 1/2 size to your street shoe size. You should be able to slip one finger behind your heel when you are standing up with the boot unlaced and your toes touching the front. If the boot is too short, your toes will get smashed walking downhill. Too long and your heel will slide up and down and give you blisters.
|Materials & Construction|| Upper: Abrasion Resistant Fabric / TPU Mudguard Shield / Differentiated lacing w/ BOA® M4 Dial System / Weatherproof Zipper / Water Repellent Internal Gusset / Core-Wrap™ Inner Shell / TPU Heel & Toe Caps / PU Techlite Rand (lateral) & Rubber Rand (medial)
Liner: 3mm Thermo Reflective PE + EVA Single Density Foam
Insole: 5mm Thermal Insole (Removable) / 5mm Carbon Z-Therm™ (Mounted)
Midsole: None / TPU Insert For Front & Rear Crampon Attachment
Sole: Vibram® Ice-Tech™ w/ Climbing Zone Platform (Toe) / Impact Brake System™ / Vibram® Dura Step Rubber Compound