Aequilibrium Speed GTX Men
The Aequilibrium Speed GTX is an extremely lightweight and high performing low-cut shoe developed for the most technical mountaineering pursuits. Minimalist in weight but rich in sophisticated technical features for when the most challenging peaks are in your sights. Designed for the most demanding mountaineers who need a crampon compatible, waterproof product with featherweight lightness to be fast even on the most demanding terrains.
• Water-repellent outer gaiter in highly resistant stretch fabric with internal bellows
• Internal ankle protection pad is seamlessly integrated into the water-repellent gaiter
• Rear heel is compatible with semi-automatic crampons
• Exceptional walk-ability thanks to the innovative construction of the Double Heel™ which increases the braking effect on descents and allows for a smoother roll, reducing muscle fatigue
• Quick-Lace System made with 100% recycled material
• Transparent mudguard with protective anti-perforation TPU coating for maximum lightness
• User Profile: Technical and demanding alpinists who need a lightweight shoe that allows them to approach, climb and overcome highly technical routes without sacrificing protection, comfort or precision
When you click a link below and then checkout online, no matter what you buy (climbing gear or not), we get a small commission that helps us keep this site up-to-date. Thanks!
|Boot Weight|| |
|Single or Double boot||Double|
|Best Uses||Best Uses: Technical Mountaineering, Alpine Climbing, 4-Season |
|Crampon Compatability||Heel bail only - universal or semi-auto crampons will work|
Euro: 38 - 48 (half sizes)
Tips: La Sportiva recommends that you add one 1/2 size to your street shoe size. You should be able to slip one finger behind your heel when you are standing up with the boot unlaced and your toes touching the front. If the boot is too short, your toes will get smashed walking downhill. Too long and your heel will slide up and down and give you blisters.
|Materials & Construction|| Upper: High-Stretch HoneyComb Guard™ with elasticized gaiter / Water- Repellent half zipper with internal gusset / 100% recycled fast-lace / Medial and lateral TPU Film Mudguard / PU Techlite toecap
Gaiter: Water- Repellent half zipper with internal gusset
Liner: Gore-Tex® Performance Comfort
Insole: Varied thickness plastic polymer insole with fiberglass reinforcement
Midsole: High-Cushion PU / Rubber Guard™ Side Wall / Rear TPU Insert
Sole: Vibram® SpringLug Tech / Impact Brake System™ / Vibram® Dura Step rubber compound