NORTH COULOIR HAMMER
Technical ice axe designed for ice climbing and technical mountaineering. Icefalls, north faces and goulottes are all ideal terrain for this ice axe. The possibility to fully modulate the tool with various accessories gives it a unique versatility within its category. The lightness and the precise balance makes this piece of equipment suitable for both men and women.
These are the retail conformations:
- NORTH COULOIR HAMMER, equipped with the ICE blade, the HAMMER and the IMPACT HAMMER;
- NORTH COULOIR ADZE equipped with the ICE blade, the ADZE shovel and the IMPACT HAMMER.
- fully modular head for adapting the ice axe to all the various activities on ice and mixed technical climbing;
- equipped with:
- interchangeable ICE blade, for use on icefalls, with a shaped profile that enables optimal hooking and penetration into the ice;
- CHANGE OVER, that thanks to its shape and its position, makes switching hands easy;
- BUMPER, that offers support to the hand and discharges weight onto the ice axe;
- IMPACT HAMMER (supplied unassembled) to increase the weight on the axe head.
- light alloy handle with an anodized finish, with the geometry and length designed to better suit the various morphologies of the ice;
- ergonomic moulded handle, for a great efficiency when used in traction;
- steel hook with a hole for placing a carabiner and/or the elastic ice axe sling holder;
- accessories and spare parts available:
- replaceable blade for the MIXTE (EN 13089:2011 type 2) mode for use on mixed routes, with a pronounced curve for greater accuracy on the rock;
- replaceable blade for the ICE mode;
- IMPACT HAMMER;
- ADZE shovel for digging in the snow and cleaning edges;
- HAMMER for placing pitons;
- CHANGE OVER for switching hands;
- BUMPER support for the hand.
|Weight (g / oz)|
Weight (g / oz)
In grams and ounces, the weight, as stated by the manufacturer/brand.
The weight is the packaged weight. If there are differences in weight (due to optional accessories) we'll note them here.
|560 g / 19.75 oz|
|Length (cm)||50 cm|
|Head Details|| Hammer (pair: NORTH COULOIR ADZE
2 Screw adjustment
|Ice Rating|| Pick: B / Type 1|
Shaft: T / Type 2
|Picks|| Included with the tool: |
Other Picks Available:
|Pommel & Grip|
Pommel & Grip
Fixed: An upper pommel that is fixed in place (it cannot move up/down the shaft nor can it be taken off).
Adjustable: An upper pommel that can move up and down the shaft.
Removable & Adjustable: An upper pommel that is completely removable and also adjustable.
Removeable: An upper pommel that is either on or off (it cannot move up/down the shaft).
None: If there is no upper pommel that comes standard (there may or may not be options to buy separately).
Fixed: A lower pommel that is fixed in place (the angle cannot be changed nor can it be taken off).
Adjustable: A lower pommel that can change angle or location on the tool.
Removable: When the lower pommel can be removed but not adjusted.
None: If there is no lower pommel that comes standard (there may or may not be options to buy separately).
| Upper Pommel: Removable & adjustable|
Lower Pommel: Removeable
Grip Size: 1 size fits all (not adjustable)
|Materials|| Shaft: Light Alloy|
The main climbing gear certifications are CE and UIAA--and normally the UIAA creates the rules that the CE body also supports. When possible, we try to list all the certifications the product carries.
To sell a climbing product in Europe, the device must be CE certified. There are no official requirements to sell climbing gear in the US. The UIAA certification is a voluntary process.
|CE, EN, UIAA|