Describes with words and helpful photos, how to protect your rope.
The 7.7mm Paso 60m 2xDry is officially retired.You've found a page of history! The 7.7mm Paso 60m 2xDry is no longer produced by Petzl and it is not available to buy from major online retailers. You can still check out all the specs and claim your ownership.
7.7mm Paso 60m 2xDry
Thin rope designed for very technical practices:
- thin diameter makes it lightweight
- use in mixed, snow or ice conditions, also when conditions are especially wet
Greater longevity and ease of use in any conditions:
- Duratec Dry treatment: dry treatment makes the rope more resistant to water, dirt and abrasion; handling, grip and other characteristics are retained longer in cold, wet conditions
- UltraSonic Finish: the core and the sheath are bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic Finish; gives greater durability and avoids frayed ends
- ClimbReady coil: specific coil makes the rope ready for use; helps the user avoid initial uncoiling mistakes and increases longevity
More effective belaying:
- Middle Mark: indicates the middle of the rope to facilitate maneuvers
- EverFlex treatment: special thermal treatment stabilizes the core strands and improves consistency; offers excellent grip and consistent handling over time
When you click a link below and then checkout online, no matter what you buy (climbing gear or not), we get a small commission that helps us keep this site up-to-date. Thanks!
|Weight|| 42.0 g/m|
5.555 lbs / 2520 g
|Diameter (millimeters)||7.7 mm|
|Length (meters)||60 m|
|UIAA Falls (Single / Half / Twin)||- / 7 / 20|
|Dynamic Elongation (Single / Half / Twin)||- / 31.0 % / 30.0 %|
|Static Elongation (Single / Half / Twin)||- / 8.5 % / 7.0 %|
|Impact Force (Single / Half / Twin)||- / 5.90 kN / 9.20 kN|
|Dry Treatment||Sheath & Core|
|Sheath Proportion (%)||33.0 %|
|Sheath Slippage (mm)|||
|Type of Middle Mark||Marking|
|Rope End Marker||None|
|Certification||CE, EN, UIAA|
A long but informative video, talks about all the features of Petzl Dynamic ropes in details.
Warning: This video is dubbed in English. If you're getting antsy, skip to section 7:40-8:15 for one of the most interesting parts, where they show a hardware specific camera inspection.
A checklist helping you monitor your rope health, helping to know when to retire your rope.
Helpful instruction for inspecting Petzl Rope.
Field of application, inspection and precautions for use of Petzl Rope with instructional pictures.