The Trios is officially retired.You've found a page of history! The Trios is no longer produced by Petzl and it is not available to buy from major online retailers. You can still check out all the specs and claim your ownership.
The TRIOS helmet is designed for cavers looking for a two-in-one solution that is complete, durable and comfortable. This helmet offers great versatility. It has an ABS shell and a polystyrene liner. Lighting is provided by an ULTRA WIDE headlamp.
This headlamp provides ultra-powerful regulated lighting of 300 lumens and a uniform beam for approximately 180°. It has four lighting modes and a reserve mode for when the Lithium Ion battery is almost discharged.
Complete, high-performance lighting solution:
- durable, lightweight, ventilated helmet
- ultra-powerful, entirely electric lighting that is easy to use
Ultra high-output regulated lighting:
- 300 lumens
- wide, uniform beam for 180°
- four lighting modes
- constant light output, automatically switches to reserve mode when battery pack is almost discharged
Designed for activities like caving, etc.:
- compact light body
- high-output rechargeable battery pack (Lithium Ion 2000 mAh): large capacity and excellent performance at low temperatures
- easy to use: choice of lighting level with intuitive dial
Reliable and durable:
- test button for rechargeable battery with battery level indicator
- durable construction and storm resistant (IP 67)
- lamp and rechargeable batteries are guaranteed for 3 years
- four lighting modes adapt lighting to the activity
- light body can be tilted vertically to change light direction
Lighting is modular in order to suit the need or type of activity, with a light body and battery pack that are mounted on two quick connection plates:
- to mount a headlamp on a helmet or on a bike with the optional accessories, or on the head with the elastic headband (included)
- to recharge or replace the battery pack
- to limit the weight worn on the head to 230 g by using the optional ULTRA extension cord (E55950) to move the battery pack onto the ULTRA harness, for example
Burn time is doubled with the high-output, large capacity ACCU 4 ULTRA rechargeable battery pack (optional E55400)
Reflective sticker for battery pack
When you click a link below and then checkout online, no matter what you buy (climbing gear or not), we get a small commission that helps us keep this site up-to-date. Thanks!
In grams, the weight, as stated by the manufacturer/brand.
If there are differences in weight (due to multiple size or optional accessories) we note those here.
This is the gender as stated by the manufacturer/brand.
We use the term "Men" and "Unisex" interchangeably, as there is no difference between these types of helmets.
The sizing options of the helmet according to the manufacturer.
|18.90 in - 24.00 in|
Quick Adjust refers to the straps of the helmet. Do you want the ability to ability to "quickly" adjust the fit. This could be a dial, or other plastic pieces.
Really, most climbers don't need to change the fit of the helmet often, unless you're climbing with and without hats, or you have big hair that flattens and then requires tightening after climbing for awhile.
|Face Shield Compatable||No|
The main climbing gear certifications are CE and UIAA--and normally the UIAA creates the rules that the CE body also supports. When possible, we try to list all the certifications the product carries.
To sell a climbing product in Europe, the device must be CE certified. There are no official requirements to sell climbing gear in the US. The UIAA certification is a voluntary process.
Warning: This video is dubbed in English. If you're getting antsy, skip to section 7:40-8:15 for one of the most interesting parts, where they show a hardware specific camera inspection.